Yoga Study: Self-Care with Ayurveda
Sat Oct 13 | 2:00-4:30pm
“Self care isn't selfish. You cannot serve from an empty vessel.” –Eleanor Brownn
This workshop kicks off our Yoga Study Series and is foundational to wellness and your ability to embody the teachings and lifestyle of yoga as you dive deeper into this transformational well of wisdom. Join Nora Gordon for an afternoon of nourishment as we explore self-care rituals to build resiliency and support us to weather the transition into winter and the stressors of everyday life with more ease.
Ayurveda is the ancient healing art of India that promotes vitality and wellness by living in harmony with nature. In this workshop we will begin with the basics of Ayurvedic philosophy and then learn about the elemental forces, or Doshas, of Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. We will then explore intentional self-care rituals, mornings and daily routines, and healthy habits related to diet, mindfulness practices, and exercises that support your unique needs and constitutional balance.
In this interactive workshop you will:
- Develop an understanding of Ayurveda and how to align with your constitution for wellness, stress reduction, and disease prevention
- Learn the basics of each Dosha – Vata, Pitta, and Kapha – and how they are at play in you and the environment around you
- Discuss seasonal foods and eating patterns that nourish and energize
- Practice a grounding and soothing foot self-massage
- Learn about whole body self-care techniques in alignment with your constitution, intuitive needs, and the season
- Walk away with confidence to apply simple techniques inspired by Ayurveda in your daily life!
Individual Workshop: $40 (members receive 10% off)
If you wish to sign up for the series of 6, please sign up for the workshop entitled "Yoga Study: Series of 6 Workshops". Thank you!
Please note registration is a 2 step process. After payment, you will be prompted to enroll in the workshop by clicking the "enroll" button.